Thursday, January 17, 2013

My First Blog Post, Ever!


This year, you swear is going to be different. You’re finally going to lose that weight, get into physical shape, finish that degree, get a new job, clean out the storage room. And yet the ghosts of Unmet Resolutions Past haunt you. Been there! Done that!

So what makes me think 2013 is going to be any different? Because I am going back to a basic principle I learned years ago: life is driven by habit. Change the habit and you change the behavior. A changed behavior produces a different outcome.

So instead of sitting in front of the TV watching the latest episode of The Bachelor eating my jujubes, I am going to take a walk for that hour and eat an apple afterwards. A different habit produces a different outcome.

 
Take a moment and make a list of the bad habits you need to change over the course of time and replace them with good, healthy, godly disciplined ones. Is not taking a walk better than sitting in front of the TV? You can even pray as you’re walking. Is not an apple better than a box of jujubes? You get the point. Life is driven by habit. In 2013 let’s get rid of the unproductive habits and replace them with productive ones.
 
One of the habits I am incorporating into my ministry this year is to talk to you regularly (my goal is weekly) through written word: email, occasional letter, and yes in rare moments Facebook (I cannot believe I said that word).

Have a great 2013!
 

Blessings,
Pastor Mark "The Bru" Brunott

P.S. Do you feel you’re stuck in a rut? Do you dream of something better for you than where you are right now in life? Do you feel all alone and that nobody cares? If you answered yes to any of these questions you won’t want to miss this Sunday’s services at 9:00 or 10:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment