Just as every driver should know how to fill up a gas tank, check the oil, change a tire, etc., he wrote on what every follower of Christ should be able to do.
Since his list fits perfectly with what we desire to train those of us here at First Free how to do, I wanted to share it with you. Keep in mind these are not simply what we should do, think about doing or want to do - but actually trained to be able to do before they become a lost art.
(1) Read the Bible. Do you know how to read the Bible? Where to start? How to interpret it? How to apply it?
(2) Pray. Not just in a crisis but moving through Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. This is a need skill.
(3) Share your faith. Can you tell your story of how you came to trust in Christ? Could you take someone through the essentials of believing in Christ?
(4) Manage your resources. Manage your time, talent, treasures, material assets, skills and spiritual gifts.
(5) Worship. Worship is more than singing a song. It is bringing to God a prepared heart and mind, engaging in prayer and God's word. How do you worship in spirit and truth?
Obviously, there is more than these five things we should know how to do. But as James Emery White challenged me...don't you think we all ought to know how to do at the very least these five?
P.S. Our very own, Gina Boe, will be leading our worship time this Sunday with Kids Corps! It's going to be great and you won't want to miss it. I'll be wrapping up our UNLEASHED series with a message entitled, "What to do when you haven't a clue!" See you at our 9:00 or 10:30am service!