When was the last time you had a good hearty laugh? Children are known to laugh a great deal more than adults. The average baby laughs around 300 times a day compared to the average adult who laughs around 20 times a day.
Sometimes I think we take the things that happen at church a bit too seriously. Do you know what I mean? No, I'm not talking about things like sin or theology or repentance or anything like that. Those things should always be taken quite seriously.
But I'm talking about the lighter things that happen in and around your church. Like the things that appear in a Sunday morning bulletin.
Consider the following ten bloopers - enjoy them - laugh at them and share them with someone at church who needs a good laugh. Remember, laughter is good medicine for the soul.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa, will be speaking today. Come hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- The Rev. Merriweather spoke briefly, much to the delight of the audience.
- The Pastor will preach his farewell message, after which the choir will sing, "Break Fourth in Joy."
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Nelson's sermons.
- During the absence of our pastor, we enjoyed the rare privilege of hearing a good sermon when J.F. Stubbs supplied our pulpit.
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24th. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- Low self-esteem group will meet Thursday 7-8:30pm. Please use the back door.
- The choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- Ushers will eat late comers.
- Weight watchers will meet at 7pm. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
P.S. Ever feel like giving up? Quitting? Throwing in the towel? Ever think faith in God really isn't working all that well? Come and join us Sunday at 9:00 or 10:30am to discover what to do when life doesn't seem to be working.