Thursday, February 26, 2015

Questions that point you forward

I just read the blog from my ministry coach Bruce Johnson on the kinds of potential you see in yourself. He asks the question when you look into your future, what kind of future do you see?

The question matters because rarely does anyone exceed the level of their ambitions. One of the great life lessons is to dream big because whatever your ambition level is, that will become the glass ceiling of your potential (mentally, physically, spiritually, relationally, financially, emotionally and professionally).

So, what do you see for you and your life? You can change your ambition and therefore change the potential for your life. The biggest limitations on your life’s potential never exist outside of you, they exist within you – between your two ears. Change your ambition, change your life.

Johnson gives four very practical ideas on how you can dream bigger. Read voraciously. Study successful people. Ask God to give you a bigger dream. But the most intriguing to me was to ask, “Why not me?”

In other words, when you see someone who is great at something, ask, “Why not me?” or “Why can’t I be that?” or “Why can’t that be true for me as well?”

Try a few of these on for size. If you see someone who’s succeeding well at school, ask “Why not me?” If you see someone who is healthy and in shape, ask “Why not me?” If you see someone who has a successful, fun filled and romantic marriage, ask “Why not me?” If you see someone who can read 1,000 words per minute, ask “Why not me?” If you see someone who is really smart, ask “Why not me?”

So start asking the “Why not me?” question and get a bigger dream for yourself.

Blessings, 


P.S. Ever been in a conflict? Had a disagreement with someone? Feel like you’re having to live up to everyone else’s expectations? Do people and relationships complicate your life or simplify it? This Sunday we will probe into these questions and discover Biblical truth to govern our relationships. Join in Sunday morning at 9:00am or 10:30am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment