Monday, March 20, 2017

The Tip of the Iceberg

Did you know that 7/8ths of an iceberg is below the water line? In other words, the part that you see is the smallest amount of the total mass. We have the expression, ‘the tip of the iceberg’ used to refer to a situation in which you or someone else is seeing only a small part of what is really a much bigger condition. The phrase usually has a negative meaning to it- referring to a difficult situation. I’m using it positively in order to remind you of 20 things that are true about you and me as believers in Christ. These 20 things are just the tip of the iceberg. Read them and look up each scripture.
1.        All my sins are forgiven; past, present, and future (Colossians 2:13-14).
2.       I am a child of God (John 1:12; Romans 8:15).
3.       I have eternal life (John 5:24).
4.       I am delivered from darkness and transferred into the Kingdom of God (Colossians 1:13)
5.        Christ dwells in me (Colossians 1:27; Revelation 3:20).
6.       I am a new person (2 Corinthians 5:21).
7.        I was declared righteous (justified) by God (2 Corinthians 5:20).
8.       I have a relationship with God, and love is the foundation (1 John 4:9-11).
9.       I am accepted by God (Colossians 1:19-22).
10.     I am holy in God’s eyes (Colossians 3:12).
11.      I have a mission from God to do good works (Ephesians 2:10).
12.     I am a light in a dark world. (Matthew 5:14).
13.     I am part of an overwhelming victory (Romans 8:37).
14.     God makes me complete (Colossians 2:10).
15.     I am an heir to God’s glory (Romans 8:17).
16.     I am permanently indwelt by the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
17.     I am part of the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13).
18.     I have a special gift to employ in serving the Body of Christ (Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12; Ephesians 4).
19.     I have an inheritance that cannot fade away (1 Peter 1:3-5).
20.    I am free, no longer a slave to sin (Galatians 5:1).
The most encouraging part about this list is that it goes on and on. When it comes to how God has completely transformed lives, this is only the ‘tip of the iceberg.’ The next time you are discouraged or overwhelmed, embrace who you are in Christ. Go back to the basics, the beginning of what happened to you when you came to trust in Christ. Understanding your true identity will bring you the encouragement you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment